Jared M. Lans Esq.’s lawyers have the necessary skills and experience to advise and assist in the formation of new businesses, including the choice of business type, continuity and succession planning of such business through proper governing agreements (bylaws, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements), the sale of business and/or its assets, the review and drafting of business agreements and contracts, including leases, as well as assisting in disputes arising in business contexts.
Jared M. Lans takes a collaborative and full-service approach in advising clients regarding formation and continuity of their business often bringing in clients’ or outside professional advisers, such as accountants and financial advisers to assist information and continuity decision making. In the context of business disputes, Jared M. Lans, Esq. obtains the input of professionals including forensic accountants, business valuation experts, architects, and engineers, among others, to ensure that proper claims and defense analysis and litigation support are obtained to fully and completely represent the firm’s clients’ interests
Jared M. Lans, Esq. can assist with:
- Business formation and creation, including partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations and ensuring the that proper business structure is created;
- Drafting and negotiating business governance and continuity documents including bylaws, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and the like;
- Review and drafting of corporate business documents, including contracts, such as franchise agreements and third party contracts;
- Review and drafting of commercial leases, including retail leases, office leases, warehouse other business leases;
- Business and commercial litigation involving contract breaches, violations of operating agreements, shareholder agreements, buy sell agreements and the like;
- Business and commercial litigation involving shareholder or member disputes including minority freeze out, minority oppression and violations of fiduciary duties and obligations.